Wednesday, April 14

Forgiving Love

Is love forgiving? Or forgiving Love?
Sometimes it feels you make me stand on my hands
with my legs dangling above
Sometimes it's the looks that you don't give
when I'm just dying to see them
Love doesn't always fill the empty spaces
Or light up all the dark places
It doesn't always remember your name
Sometimes it's angry, and frustrated and rude
It's sometimes just a shell of something you knew
Love is desolate and then alive and open and then the Great Divide
And then it's something new and old and borrowed and blue
And there'll be weddings and anniversaries and birthdays with you
Then you and I will split apart
You at the head and I at the heart
We'll shuffle the pieces laid out on a table
Then staple them, or glue them or sew them
In the heat we'll circle like tigers
trying to figure out which side offers safety
In June we'll love like bunnies do
Covered in grass blankets with dew
Love is not always forgiving it's too hard to forget
So we place the regrets in a box with a lock
And try hard not to look
Not to pace in front
Forget what's not
Remember what is
Love is restless

No comments:

Post a Comment